Concealed Carry Criminal Defense Reimbursement Bond
Protecting the Rights of Iowa Gun Owners
Owning a firearm comes with an enormous amount of responsibility, both to ensure the safety of those around you and to have the proper documentation to own, carry, and discharge that firearm legally.
For your own peace of mind, Skogman Carlson Insurance offers Concealed Carry Criminal Defense Reimbursement Bonds to protect permit holding gun owners who are faced with a situation where it is necessary to discharge their weapon in an act of self defense. The amount of stress experienced during and following such a scenario is enough of a burden without adding concern about legal fees that may occur. The Defense Reimbursement Bond provides coverage for the reasonable legal fees, expenses, and costs of defense up to a selected bond limit of $50,000, $100,000, or $250,000.
Plan details are as follows:
- Premiums are $100, $175, or $250 annually depending on the amount of the bond.
- Reduced premiums are available if prepaid.
- The bond only applies to an "act of self defense" in a state where the named "permit holder" is legally allowed to carry a concealed weapon.
- For the terms of the bond, "weapon" means a weapon, other than a fully automatic weapon, from which a projectile is discharged by gunpowder or pressure of compressed air. Where applicable by state law, weapon includes, within its meaning, any electronic control weapon device (ECW or ECD), or such weapons as a knife or club in a state where a permit or license is required for concealed carry of those types of weapons.
- For the incident in question, the "permit holder" must assert innocence or plead not guilty by reason of an act of self defense.
- The bond provides the aforementioned reimbursements up to the bond limit after declaration from the prosecuting attorney that no criminal charges will be filed, a dismissal of all filed criminal charges, or acquittal of the “permit holder” following a trial and verdict is upheld on appeal.
If you are interested in purchasing this type of policy, it is important to speak to a specialist to get all of your questions answered and all of the details correct. So contact one of our team members at Skogman Carlson Insurance today or click here to do a bond calculation.