Providing Motorcycle Insurance to Cedar Rapids, IA, Coralville, IA, and Surrounding Areas
Most bikers are passionate about their motorcycles and having adequate motorcycle insurance is an essential part of motorcycle ownership. Bikers are at higher risk for accidents and injuries. Having adequate insurance coverage can provide you with financial assistance to cover unforeseen accident-related expenses.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Coverages vary among policyholders, but a standard motorcycle insurance policy tends to include the following:
- Liability coverage helps cover bodily injury and property damage you may cause to others if you are in an accident.
- Collision coverage helps cover damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in an accident. This does not include your deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage helps pay for damage caused by events other than collisions. This can include fire, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage helps pay for damage to you and your property if you get into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Optional equipment coverage helps cover additional or optional equipment on your motorcycle if you decide to customize it.
Speak to an agent at Skogman Insurance to learn more about potential coverage options to include in your policy.
Do Motorcycles Cost More to Insure?
Motorcycles generally cost less to insure than automobiles. However, insurance prices vary among motorcycle owners depending on factors such as your driving record, claims history and motorcycle model. Our agents can help you learn more about motorcycle insurance rates.
How Much Motorcycle Insurance Do I Need?
Iowa requires all motorcycle owners to carry liability insurance. But you should not limit yourself to the minimum coverage requirements. Having additional coverage can protect you financially from accident-related expenses that might be difficult to pay for without a policy.
Contact Our Agency
If you are a motorcycle owner near Hiawatha or Coralville, Iowa, the agents at Skogman Insurance can help you learn more about motorcycle insurance so you can decide on the right policy for you and your bike.
Contact our agency today at 319-366-6288 to request a quote.